Stain types, Internal and External tooth whitening
There are two types of tooth stains: (1) Internal stains
Types of tooth stains
(2) External stains
1) Internal stains
Stains are in corporate within the tooth structure during formation. This means the stain occurs from within the tooth. This type of stain cannot be removed by brushing and flossing and sometimes bleaching may not be effective.
Some causes of intrinsic staining are…..
- Injury to the tooth or accidental injury
- Certain medications taken during tooth formation stage
- An excess fluoride ingested during the formation of teeth.
- Root canal treatment
2) External stains.
Extrinsic stains of the tooth surface. Some sources of extrinsic stains are….
- Cigarettes Smoking,
- Pan masala, Gutkha,
- Coffee, Tea,
- Foods that contain a lot of spices.
This type of staining can be removed by good tooth brushing habits or by ultrasonic scaling, air flow at Dr Agravat Dental Clinic Ahmedabad, India (professional oral prophylaxis)
Internal tooth whitening
Internal tooth whitening is an especially particular type of teeth whitening procedure that is only for a discolored front tooth which has previously had a root canal treatment or accidental injury.
Internal tooth whitening treatment procedure
Dr Bharat Agravat cosmetic & implant dentist will firstly very carefully assess your discolored front tooth to make sure that the type of discoloration is appropriate for internal tooth whitening.
- Before to your internal tooth whitening treatment procedure start, a digital rvg X-ray of the front tooth will make sure that the root canal filling is of a proper.
- A digital photograph of your tooth will be taken by intraoral camera and a shade guide used to correctly match the shade so that your internal tooth whitening treatment can return the very best and beautiful possible results.
- Tiny in size hole will be created in the back of your tooth and the top of the root canal filling exposed. A closed to lining will be placed over this and then a special tooth whitening gel will be gently placed into the tooth. A tooth colored light cure composite filling material will be used to close the tiny hole.
External tooth whitening
See the External tooth whitening, Please Click below