Oral health problems associated with diabetes
If you have Diabetes, you are at higher risk of developing some oral health diseases. The most common oral health problems associated with diabetes are:
- Tooth decay – Cavities.
- Bad Breath
- Gum disease. Gum inflammation
- Early gum disease- Sore, swollen, and red gums that bleed when you brushing your teeth dental problem called gingivitis.
- Advanced gum disease happens when your gums shrink or pull away from your teeth called periodontitis.
- Dry mouth.Uncontrolled diabetes can decrease saliva flow, resulting in dry mouth. Dry mouth can further lead to soreness, ulcers, infections, and tooth decay.
- Fungal infections.
If you develop a fungal infection, meet dentist dr bharat agravat.
- Infection and delayed healing.
Maintain your blood glucose levels under control before, during and after surgery.
- Poor healing of oral tissues.
- Burning mouth and/or tongue.
Thrush of the mouth is also more common amongst people who have poor blood glucose control.
- Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth and taste impairment is also more common amongst people who have poor blood glucose control.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY